As a 4-H Clover Buds (5-8 years) you are eligible to participate in a variety of activities and projects. The projects that you participate in can be done in a group or individually. Some of the things you might do are:
- Science and Technology
- Community Expressive Arts
- Healthy Living
- Environmental/Earth Science
- Personal Development
- Citizenship/Civic Education
- Consumerism/Family Science
- Plants and Animals
Just like the 4-H program for older youth, the purpose of the 4-H Clover Buds program is to help young children learn life skills to become competent, caring and contributing citizens.
The 4-H Clover Buds program is for youth who are five to eight years old (5-8 years) or in kindergarten through the second grade.
Clover Buds can help young people:
- learn more about themselves and the world around them,
- develop positive attitudes about learning new things by hands-on involvement
- develop a relationship with a caring adult or older youth helper, and
- to learn about the 4-H Youth Development program.
The primary goal of the Clover Buds program is to promote children's healthy development - mentally, physically, socially and emotionally. The Clover Buds program provides an excellent opportunity for children to reach his or her highest potential because early life experiences, even subtle ones, affect future development. Since competition is not appropriate for this age group, 4-H Clover Buds activities are non-competitive … they are participatory only.